Laud Ballet School takes the security and confidentiality of student’s personal data very seriously. All information will be collected lawfully and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective from 25th May 2018.
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union.
Who does this notice relate to?
Laud Ballet School
Bede College Sports Centre
Marsh House Avenue
Why do we collect personal information?
- To process your enquiry to book a child or yourself into dance classes and look after the wellbeing of the student whilst they are enjoying classes.
- To deliver to you timely and current updates relating to the ballet school such as term dates
- Invite you to appropriate events run by Laud Ballet School
- Those responsible for collecting this information will be the data controller, Laud Ballet School’s proprietor Jo Laud.
Does Laud Ballet School share personal information?
- You can be assured that your information will not be shared with 3rd parties other than for the explicit purpose of running examination sessions with the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD). The RAD naturally request advanced notice of students taking examinations and this will include their names, date of birth, gender and any other information that may have a bearing on the student’s performance, so if possible, appropriate adjustments can be made and the examiners can be prepared.
- We will not email you unless it is a direct response to an enquiry or we need to share important information. We do not send random marketing emails to personal email addresses (Spam).
What Specific Information Do You Collect?
When you enrol for classes with Laud Ballet School we collect the following information for the legitimate purpose of delivering professionally managed classes;
- Name(s) of student and if a child (under the age of 18) their parents and/or guardian details including:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Postal address
- Date of birth
- *Medical information pertinent to the delivery of classes for each student to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
*The only special category personal data we collect is that relating to health, specifically medical details which are necessary to ensure students are well cared for and safe whilst under the supervision of the teachers.
Information relating to race, religious beliefs and political opinions are not sought or thereby collected. We only use this information to ensure we provide the best possible level of service and environment for our students and their family.
How Long will we hold information?
We will hold and update personal information whilst the student remains active with Laud Ballet School.
What Happens When a Student Leaves?
We securely retain a copy of student information for a period of 12 months after their decision to leave the school. The retention is for the purpose of being prepared in the event a student decides to return within that period, something that frequently occurs notably with younger dancers.
How Do I Obtain Information Relating to Me or My Child?
If you wish Laud Ballet School to provide you with a copy of the data we hold, we can and will supply you with this in either hard copy or electronic form such as an e-mailed PDF. We will aim to respond to such enquiries within 28 days.
What If I’m Unhappy About the Handling of Personal Data?
If you are unhappy about the handling of your personal information and wish to raise a complaint you can do so by contacting the proprietor Jo Laud via e-mail, Jo@laudballet.co.uk
We use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site.
The Laud Ballet website employs cookies as part of the Google Analytics programme. Cookies are technological tools to help identify the browsing behaviour of anonymised visitors. We use this information to analyse the performance of our website and to make improvements and help our visitors online experience.
The application of cookies can not only help our site perform better but also speed up your experience by recalling pages that you’ve visited.